Sunday, December 10, 2006

all work and no play

makes me very dull indeed :(

I've had problems logging in for the last week, which appear to be because I upgraded to IE7 and then subsequently deinstalled, and it has done something weird to my browser settings.

Serves me right. Then I had a cold which floored me for two days, and now I am working the weekend. Oh joy !

It is probably not such a surprise that I am feeling particularly "cup half empty".

I went to IKEA last night on the way back from work (it is a couple of stops round the city bypass from the site I was at). It was not a place I expected to have strong feelings about relating to LCT, but I did end up wanting to kick someone or something. And it was not just the normal "Ikea-effect". I think LCT under estimated big time how much of a wrench leaving Sweden was for me. So his continual harping on about going back, ad his subsequent return there, just rubbed salt into the wound. And his presence there *will* make it harder for me to visit. And of course IKEA at Christmas time has that definite Scandinavian feel - I stocked up on Glogg, Cider, Gifflar (yummy) and so on - so did give me a quick blast of bitter-sweet nostalgia :(

Driving home from work in the dark, and the radio is playing a chart list. Already Slade and the Pogues are in there (again) and it is not even the week before Christmas. Some Christmas songs have us all dancing but are actually so depressing and tragic....

"You took my dreams from me
When I first found you
I kept them with me babe
I put them with my own
Can't make it all alone
I've built my dreams around you "


my dreams have all been shattered and it's hard work to build new ones. I mistakenly built *my* dreams around a lying cheating toerag, but then the Fairytale of New York has some lyrics for that as well


""You scumbag, you maggot
You cheap lousy faggot"


I couldn't have said it better myself.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home