Tuesday, January 02, 2007

change something...

Well new year is always a time for reflection and making plans. And as the song says

"Hate something" video

Here's a song for anyone
who's ever hated...
in the key of Grrr...

Can hate be good? Can hate be great?
Can hate be good? Can hate be great?
Can hate be something we don't hate?


I figured as my head really can't cope with the concept of a whole year, I would look for small things I could do - small changes to act as seeds for bigger change.

So on New Year's Eve, I

- mended something. My jewelry box had lost two of its feet, so I stuck them back on. (in lieu of my broken heart)
- planted something, for new growth. Tulips, lilies and the like in two planters - one by the front door, one by the back
- made something - creating something new. OK, so it was only some Swedish Rye bread, but it was still a positive thing ;)

and on New Year's day I threw some stuff out. Time to throw out and get rid of the things that are stopping me from moving forward.

Of course I should have cleaned the house and made sure all bills were paid, but I was not quite organised enough for that ! I have done quite a lot of tidying up over the break and have two boxes to go to a charity shop and various things which have either hit the bin or will go to the tip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home