Monday, January 22, 2007

eating an elephant

There is a saying "How do you eat an elephant ? One bite at a time"

I guess getting over the LCT and rebuilding my life is a bit like that. Full of small bites. The weather and a virus put me a bit under the weather so I've not been out there running like I usually do. Not even riding my horse - the weather has been *that* bad ! But I have got a new cooker hood installed (with some help from parent and parent's drill) The old one tripped the fuse every time you tried to use it. And had been that way for over a year... remind me what the point of having a house-based partner is ?! My upstairs neighbour told me that the LCT spent the summer sitting in the sun reading. Which given he would then proceed to tell me how BORED he was ... is a bit ironic. Perhaps if he had mucked in, he might have been less bored ? I don't get the time to get bored these days - and I'm doing everything I was before *plus* all the things he did and was supposed to do (cooking, laundry in the "did" category, mending, sorting, tidying in the"did not" category)

I still have this feeling like I swallowed a big stone and its weighing me down - I guess that will go with time. It is quite ironic to feel like that now when the LCT has been a mill stone around my neck for so long - until he left ! Surely I should feel lighter now ?

Well at least my cooking area is lighter -literally as the cooker hood has a light :)
The new cooker hood was almost certainly cheaper than a call-out fee to get an electrician to look at the old one. It has less oomph than the old one and I have it set up to recirculate rather than extract - but given the cooker is on an internal wall... well I wonder if that was part of the problem with the old one. There was a heath robinson kind of contraption to duct the air from the hood around the kitchen to an external wall. Goodness knows what load that put on the old fan !

All well, shiny new white one in place and working now :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home