Tuesday, March 06, 2007

what a difference a day makes...?

a milestone....

"a significant event in your life (or in a project)"
"A scheduled event for which some individual is accountable and that is used to measure progress"

... so is a birthday a milestone ? we tend to use them as a point to stop and reflect, review, look both back at the recent past and forward into what comes next.

I suspect I have more significant milestones than the simple anniversary of my birth right now. This birthday *was* a milestone for me... if life had taken a different path and the LCT had not been a liar, a cheat, and a toerag who left me. But as it is... well its just another day. A day that in *this* life does not make so much difference.

The difference is made in things like: meeting a set of people I have never met before. No, not speed dating, just a bunch of like-minded people I know online. It was a relaxing evening with a friendly group of people :)

In the meantime I find that however much I try to look forward, there are still things haunting me from the past - unpaid bills that should have been sorted out by the LCT and weren't, forms from the tax office about the house sale. I find myself getting stressed and then have to put them back in context. They *are* part of the past. I need to deal with them, but thats it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home