Thursday, August 09, 2007

making beds for someone else to lie in

well that is what I am up to - literally ! I have visitors arriving Wednesday and had been pootling about quite happily gradually working at tidying up.

But I got to thinking about beds - and realised I have 2 mattresses and can borrow one more - but only have one bed frame :( The mattress I could borrow could come with a futon base, but that still left me one short ...

so I did a bit of research and found a set of guest bed frames (one stores under the other) that came without mattresses, could be delivered this week, and were good value for money. They arrived Thursday so I started unpacking them last night, and started putting together tonight.

Only I took a look around the spare bedroom and thought "OMG where is this going to go ?" (one will be added to the existing single bed in spare room - so there are twins there. And I will dismantle the dining room table and put the other bed in the dining room).

All of a sudden I felt woefully inadequate. Of course me being me I buckled down and moved some stuff around, and started putting the first frame up (I need a rubber mallet to finish the job).

:sigh: Up until today I was feeling like I was actually getting along ok. And then I looked around and realised how much was not-yet-done.

And I guess I get to sleep in the "bed" the LCT partly created - I bought this house knowing it needed some work, but not having found anything better that would be big enough for all the *stuff* we had between us, and that we (ok I) could afford. And as he was going to be based at home for a while, and seemed to be signed up for the idea, a house that needed some tlc shouldn't have been an issue. But somehow things ground to a halt after the lounge.

Since he left I have replaced the extractor fan, got a new boiler installed, got new lights in the hall. And sorted out a couple of boxes. Still lots more to do but I have actually got some things done. I have to keep reminding myself of that...

I guess I feel a bit like this house as well. All revved up for a new future, that hasn't materialised, feeling a bit shabby and neglected, would respond well to some tlc....

Ah well, it'll be interested to see what I do manage to get sorted out before Wednesday !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home