Thursday, September 13, 2007

should have known better

I'm off to London this week to run 5k.

So of course it was entirely sensible of me to take one of the ponies out for a toddle on one of the stubble fields yesterday evening..... not.

One whirring partridge later and I hit the deck. That is something I decided to quite doing some time ago when someone decided to make the floor harder, and me less flexible :( Now not only are various parts of me turning interesting shade of purple, into green, but I am behind in my packing, in the "gorilla into girl" transformation.

Actually that is probably more like gorilla into baby elephant, as the photos of previous races have probably not lied - but have, in my view, shown my similarity to aforementioned juvenile mammal :(

This similarity was confirmed at a result salsacise class at work at lunchtime where I made the mistake of being behind one of the slimmer of my colleagues. As we were on carpet, its harder to do some of the wiggles and turns as your feet/shoes don't slip - so I really did feel like I should have a zimmer frame. And that was before my unexpected reacquaintance with a stubble field at close quarter !

ah well - I have a whole two days before the run. I had thought I was doing quite well earlier today, as I was sore but the bits of back I could see did not seem to be too bad. I think what I could see was "stubble rash" (in the straw field sense !). When I got home and took off my work clothes, I realised I was conning myself.

So I think its time to stop trying to be superwoman and take my battered bruised body off for some healing sleep.

2 Comments:

Blogger tonyisyourpal said...

Hope your run went ok and wasn't too painful !

2:16 pm  
Blogger seahorse said...

the sun shone, and the bruising didn't slow me up as much as the thousands of other women all trying to do the same thing did. Well they weren't trying to do exactly the same thing as *they* were walking... in MY way ! Why put yourself in the "finish inside 30 mins" group (ahead of me) if you are then going to saunter in the middle of the route once you are away from the start ???

Anyway - it was fascinating to see all the different charities being supported. All in a good cause :)

5:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home