Thursday, October 18, 2007

I can see clearly now....

...finally taken the plunge in terms of giving contact lenses another go. It was amazing how clear everything was this morning (first few hours of wear). I really ought to clean my glasses more often :S It is amazing the difference it makes - you get used to living behind a "wall". People get used to seeing you that way. Then all of a sudden you take the barrier down. However the idea is not to wear them at work but rather for riding, running, aerobics. So perhaps I'll carry on hiding behind my glasses a bit longer. They say the eyes are the window to your soul - I do wonder what people would see in mine...

With all the focus on the most recent twelve months, it took a random question from friend before I realised that this week two years ago was the move home from Sweden. One of the most stressful weeks I have ever survived - perhaps thats why I had blanked it out a bit. But the positive side is that it is two years since I have been properly in this house.

I've lived by myself before - and there have been times when it has not been an entirely comfortable feeling (being alone in a house). But despite this house really being way too big for one person, it feels good being here - it feels like home.

Yes it is still chaos - I wouldn't currently *fit* into a smaller place - well not so much me as my belongings :p It wouldn't be economic to downsize at this stage either - I'd need to spend a lot to get the house into sales condition. I will stll gradually get things sorted - but not in a big rush. I know two years, for what has been done to the house in that time, is not exactly a rush. But there have been a few other things going on....

The hall decoration is now planned for a couple of weeks time, but I still need to chase the outside work that needs doing. I need to talk to a joiner about a couple of pieces of work.

It's nice having visitors as well though (more arriving tonight). I have the thought that if I ever get organised and get the spareroom half decent, I could put people up if they are in the area for riding courses or whatever. But as long as it has bright yellow walls and a burgundy carpet, its friends and family only ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home