Wednesday, October 10, 2007

what a year...

I hear via the grapevine that someone has been sending emails from accounts with similar names to my ex's email account (allegedly i.e. according to him) and that he has hypothesized that the someone is me.

Even assuming such behaviour was in my nature (its not), and that I also had the inclination (I don't), where on earth would I have had the time ?! Time is a scarce resource - I want to spend it on things that will have value to me, and I have to pick and choose then, knowing I can't get it all done. Racking over old coals has no value. And those coals are stone cold.

I've been surviving - going to work, keeping house and horse ticking over, neglecting the garden more than I should. I've been away three times (Cyprus, Birmingham, London), and had visitors - some more than once :D and more to come.

And I've also (as previously posted) managed to get some of the improvement bits and pieces done (new lights in the hall, new boiler, new saddle, new car) but still have a tonne to go (chimney, hall decoration, kitchen tap, flat roof down pipe, etc etc).

I had a big tidy out of my email last night - once I'd started it got a bit obsessive. It was a little liberating to halve the number of pages I have stored in my inbox. It feels a little like being the kind of creature that needs to shed its skin to grow. I look around and know I have way more to do than I have managed to do so far - but hey, something is better than nothing - and it's a start !

I wrote before about the "anniversary". I could see that as a bad start to the year. Or I can see it as the ending of the bad year(s) before, and see what happened after that. I am more me than I was then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home