Sunday, October 14, 2007

no more drips...

just a short moment of gloating...

two more ticks in the list of things to do :)

The kitchen tap that has been sitting around waiting to be installed for almost two years now - is in place. Instead of having a tap that sits there doing a good impression of chinese water torture and being horrendously un-environmentally friendly...oh, and opened in opposite directions for hot and cold (which resulted in a few scary moments !)

I now have a tap that works, does not drip, and does not soak me in water when I try and turn it off but turn it on more instead :D

And the gas fire in the lounge has also been serviced.

And it didn't even cost an arm and a leg. Although I do now have two bruises, one on each shin, where I managed to walk into the guy's heavy wooden toolbox *in both direction* :(

Feeling quite chuffed with making some progress, though I still have things to chase - the hall decoration and the outside work that needs doing.

Oh, and I have a new freezer as well. The old one (a chest freezer) is way too big for one person and if the RCD trips in the house (as it so often does) while I am at work, it is so empty it doesn't really stay cold and keep things frozen. I had been keeping an eye out for something much smaller and with drawers so it was easier to find things. I found what I wanted on Saturday and got it levered into my small car and brought it home.

I still have the large old freezer to shift. Big sis had initially said she wanted it when I first said I was looking for a new one. But I gather she thought it would be an improvement on the one she had from our parents - which I doubt as they are both similar vintage (the freezers that is). So I may need to borrow a spare pair of hands and a trailer (and a towing vehicle !) to get it out of my shed and down to the local tip. Not this weekend tho.

just realised I was going to transfer stuff from one to the other by end of today - and it is now pitch black out there and I am not really dressed for going outside. But if I don't go and do it - the old freezer is currently running via an extension lead and I will not be able to sleep for images of shed's bursting into flames etc :(

No rest for the wicked....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home