Friday, March 16, 2007

schizophrena by proxy

The other day I received an "official" letter for the LCT. There is no "if undelivered" return address on it, plus it is sent from another country. But there IS a website address on the envelope, so I emailed the organisation concerned to let them know and suggest new contact information.

Which meant I needed to double check the LCT's new work address. The work website there has personal details of each person; I made the mistake of looking at the photo there.

Seeing the photo was strange. I have think I have "schizophrenia by proxy" i.e. it is not me that has the split personality, but I seem him in two very different ways. I have this split in my head between the Lying Cheating Toerag he turned out to be, and the man I had thought he was.

There is a very clear separation between the two - one never really existed (like Santa Claus !). But seeing the photo brings them back together as the photo looks to be when he first went to work there and reminds me of the man I thought he was then (the Santa Claus one !). But really he was already the lying cheating toerag even then.

The photos here don't have the same effect, I am not sure why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home